UCAS PREDICTION EXAMS REVISION SCHEDULE
WEEK 1 MON 29 APRIL - thurs 2 MAY
FRIDAY 3RD OF MAY - NO LESSONS DUE TO STAFF TRAINING.
NEWS 1 (NEWSPAPERS, TABLOID/BROADSHEETS)
front cover analysis, RAIL analysis (yes let's start using RAIL which is more positive than LIAR) Reps, Audiences, Industry, Language
Semiotics: denotation, connotation,
Mediation: construction of media representations to convey messages, themes, ideas and mood.
WEEK 2 tue 7 - fri 10 may
WEEK 3 13 - 17 MAY
WEEK 4 20 - 24 MAY
MUSIC VIDEO - language, contexts and message . USE THE TOPICS SECTION ON MUSIC VIDEO FOR EXTRA MATERIAL, SPECIALIST KEYWORDS & TERMINOLOGY
1) revise music video C&Cs (Language Forms Codes and Conventions). How does media language shape the construction of representations, narratives and ideologies (messages, themes and mood). How is the audience expected to respond?
2) How does the video help to construct a brand identity for the record label, artist or song? Which particular codes & conventions help to achieve this.
3) revise wider contexts of music videos - social, political, economic, cultural and historical
Practice exam questions: Each essay must refer to one or two music videos you have studied, depending on the title. One from List A and one from List B.
1. Explain how representations in music videos are chosen to promote the artist(s). Refer to one of the music videos you have studied to support your answer. 
2 “Music videos reflect the cultural context in which they were made.” 
3. 'Music videos tend to suggest a mood rather than tell a story.' Discuss by comparing the two music videos you have studied.
4. 'Music videos are obsessed by representations of outsiders and misfits.' Discuss, referring to the two music videos you have studied.
5. 'The characters in music videos are stereotypes rather than real people.' Discuss, referring to the two music videos you have studied. 
HALF TERM IS MON 27TH- FRI 31ST
after half term
week 1: Magazines & video games. recap from last half term.
week 2: Radio
week 3 Jungle Book plus full Year 12 exam paper practice - you will have one exam paper, but in the real exam next year there are two.
exam week is 24th June
start Long Form TV Drama - Stranger Things & Deutschland 83
Below is a document containing various activities to help you with media language for music video analysis. Plus some more essay titles to practice and some suggestions for other music videos to look at when / if you need a break from the two set videos.
For practice, here are some suggestions for videos you could use for practice. Write about how the codes and conventions and constructed representations help to convey moods, themes and messages.
Make Me Feel -Janelle Monáe (Representations of Gender)
All the Stars – Kendrick Lemar (Representations of Race)
21 Pilots – Jumpsuit (Narrative)
No Tears Left to Cry – Ariana Grande
After the Storm – Kali Uchis (Postmodernism, Intertextuality)
Apesh*t – The Carters (Representation of Western Art & Ethnicity)
God's Plan – Drake (Reps of US society)
This is America – Childish Gambino (Reps of US Society, Race, Stereotyping)